- 2 large pork steaks (about 1/2 lb. each)
- black pepper
- seasoned salt
- garlic or garlic powder
- hot pepper sauce (Tobasco or similar)
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite flavor is fine!)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. butter, oil, or shortening.
- 1 can (16-20 oz) baked beans (your choice, but Bush's work best)
Make 1/2 inch cuts through all major fat edges to keep steaks from curling as they cook. Rub steaks with crushed (or pressed) garlic or sprinkle with garlic powder. Sprinkle steaks with salt, pepper, seasoned salt and sage to your own taste. In a deep skillet, heat the butter, oil or shortening. Drop steaks in pan and brown both sides well.
While steaks are browning, mix the onion and brown sugar with the baked beans. When steaks are brown, turn heat down to medium low. Sprinkle hot sauce on the steaks liberally, then cover them with the barbecue sauce. Finally, pour the beans over the top and cover the pan tightly with a lid.
Let them cook on medium low for 10 to 15 minutes.