- 2 cups mayonnaise*
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt or substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
Combine ingredients in order given, whisking until smooth. Makes 1 quart
For spicy buttermilk ranch, add 3 tablespoons Picante sauce.
*Soy mayonnaise, cholesterol-free, homemade or commercial mayonnaise can be used. If fat-free mayonnaise is used, reduce amount to 1 cup and increase buttermilk to 3 cups.