Kevin's Latkes

I love potatos - you really can't ruin them.  No matter how you fix them, they're something that I can eat no matter how sick I am or how upset my stomach.  This recipe is my favorite latke recipe.  They're great with some applesauce and sour cream.

Ingredients
  • 4 cups peeled, grated potatoes
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 2 eggs
  • pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons chopped chives (optional) 

Prep:
Wash, peel, and grate the potatoes. Squeeze out liquid. Combine with onion, salt, flour, and pepper (and chives). Lightly beat the egg, and stir into the mixture.

Heat the oil in a skillet, and spoon in tablespoons of the mixture to make medium sized patties. Brown on one side, turn and brown lightly on the other. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.

Serve with applesauce, cottage cheese, yogurt, or sour cream.

Comments