- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (16 OZ.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16 OZ.) Dark red kidney beans-liquid drained
- 1 can (16 OZ.) black beans-liquid drained
- 4 TBS. chili powder
- 1 TBS cider vinegar
- 1/4 TSP allspice
- 1/4 TSP coriander
- 1 TSP cumin
- 1/2 TSP salt & pepper
- dash tobasco (to taste)
Cook ground meat, garlic, onion, green pepper over medium-high heat. Cook until meat has lost color and onion is soft. Add spices to meat and blend. Add drained beans. Add tomatoes with liquid. Mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer on low 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
Variations: VEGETARIAN: Substitute One (16 OZ.) CAN of PINTO or LIGHT KIDNEY BEANS for meat.
PINTO or LIGHT KIDNEY or GARBANZO BEANS can be substituted for BLACK or DARK KIDNEY BEANS. Add TOMATOES with Jalapeños for a hotter chili.